- NASA has created the X-57 Maxwell, a fully-electric experimental aircraft with 14 motors on its wing.
- The aircraft is powered by two 400-pound lithium-ion battery packs in the cabin that contain 23 kilowatt hours of power.
- NASA has published its research, procedures, designs, and technology from the X-57 development project online for different industry developers – such as urban air mobility designers – to use.
- The aircraft is being used for technology research and won’t be available for commercial use.
- The X-57’s first test flight will occur later this year on an unannounced date.
24 Apr 2020